Gone Too Soon

In Memory of our baby Bridger

Saturday, February 9, 2013

This is exactly how I feel

I was reading through the Ensign trying to decide what I wanted to teach for my Relief Society lesson. I came upon a couple of stories about grief. I found an excerpt that explains how I feel. It is from the article Lifting the Hands Which Hang Down - February 2013 Ensign

"I have found that the most helpful conversations occur when people share their favorite memories of my wife and daughter with me; it’s also helpful when they are willing to listen to my favorite memories. I often cry during these conversations, but that doesn’t mean my day is ruined. These interactions actually brighten my day. You don’t have to help people who are grieving to stop crying. It may seem counterintuitive to cause more pain, but I have found with my own grief that I’m in pain anyway, and these conversations provide a chance for me to release my feelings."

2 comments:

  1. Alison, I think about you guys all the time. I cry for you/with you. Even though I have never experienced something like this, I look at my kids and my heart just breaks for you. I know that for a lot of people it's just better to avoid conversations that are sad because maybe, like me, they can't REALLY relate. I hope you know how much I (and my family) care about you and yours. You slip into mind at least once a day. I hope that as time passes that your grief becomes easier to bear (thought I know it never truly heals). I admire you for the grace and faith that you have shown through all of this. You are so strong and I wish I could be as strong as you are (or even just a fraction). You are amazing and Bridger is lucky to have you as a mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that quote a lot- very true. We keep wanting to call you guys to hang out, but then remember you're in Germany! We say hi to Bridger whenever we go. :)

    ReplyDelete